Thursday, January 13, 2011

Isagenix Day 4

Today is p*ssing me off.

I'm not trying to be a Debby-downer (who came up with this name?!) or anything, but I have a giant box of Egyption cookies and Baklavah on my desk from a wonderful student (that I think is great, don't get me wrong) left on my desk yesterday.

Since my office is known for high traffic since I have 138 students and 20 faculty members coming and going with questions and requests, a lot of people have their jaws drop when they see this giant portion of free and amazing food that came straight from across the world (because it's that good).

For anyone who doesn't know what Baklavah is, find it and eat it. You will not regret it. You will never hear me say this about anything, ever again... but I would prefer Baklavah over bacon. There, you heard me say it and you'll never hear me say it with regards to anything else on this planet. I will stand by my rule when I say that bacon is the best thing that ever happened on this planet. I will forever love it and eat it (besides this month during my cleanse). If I can make something that can have bacon on it, I will. On a regular diet for me I go thru a package of bacon a week... it's amazing, simply put.

Anyway, back to my story (see, I'm passionate about bacon). I have students, faculty members and staff members coming and going from my office, taking some desert here and there as they go. Most of these people know I'm also on the most intense diet of my life but continue to make comments about how deliceous this food is and continue to moan and groan about it's taste. I sit there and grit my teeth and smile and say "I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Please, HAVE MORE!"

Needless to say, everytime I walk by this amazing heaven, I take in a big wiff and envy every single person who has had this foreign goodness touch their lips. At the same time though, the envy can easily turn into hatred. Currently, as I'm on my lunch, enjoying once again another clumpy shake, I hate everyone I work with.

I'm becoming hostile. I'm sure the morals my parents taught me will kick in and prevent me from throwing a tantrum. We'll see. Like I've said before, we'll take it day-by-day.

So far today I've had my breakfast shake, my Accelorator, two Isasnacks and an Isadelight. I'm currently downing my lunch shake and that should be it for my stay here at work. I do have my organic apple on my desk but I'm saving that for when I become desperate (desperate isn't being dramatic either).

On that note: I realized how much gum has become my saviour in this whole ordeal. Mint gum, I might add. If I'm feeling so extremely hungry that I'm considering eating my own arm... I throw in a peice of gum and it literally gets rid of the hungry feeling. Of course after 15 minutes of chewing the taste and effects are gone, so I pop another one in. Since I've started my cleansing diet - I have now gone thru 3 packs of gum.

Because of this, I won't be surprised if I start grinding my teeth at night (did you know that chewing gum is the main cause for that?). Not just because I'm always chewing gum, but also because I'm dreaming of eating the most amazing fresh turkey dinner. With home made stuffing with rice and bread. Cranberry sauce (hot or cold - I don't f*cking care!) and mashed potatoes with creamy gravy... omg...

I'm so glad I don't live in Yankee-Ville, because if I did, chances are I'd own a gun and shoot myself in the face because so far no one seems to be taking my request!

I drove by McDonald's last night on my way home from work with a wonderful lady I work with. She was talking in-depth about something (I think) important... but I lost all control and just starred at all the people inside, dining and eating like there was no tomorrow. I still can't figure out what she was talking about...

Effects on my body for day 4:
1. Still a lot of energy
2. It's amazingly easy to wake up in the morning. Of course it's hard to get out of your warm bed, but once I'm walking around - I'm good to go.
3. Mood is great unless I'm tired; in which case is normal. I become a cranky-pants when I'm lacking energy
4. Poop's are consistent and healthy (non of that runny sh*t - thank God)
5. Hands are starting to get better, thank you to Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream (Isagenix should reimburse me for this)
6. No bloating. I am completely happy with how my pants are fitting me (and I'm not referring to fat, but that bloated feeling you get from having too much salt and water in your body)
7. Believe it or not, I'm convinced this has affected my breathing skills. For someone who suffers from chronic asthma and bronchitis - I'm taking in deep breaths like nothing!
8. Shakes are tasting less gross (I was told that they tasted nasty before because my acidic and Ph levels in my body weren't level), now that they are, due to Isagenix and no toxins, they actually taste like chocolate and less pooh. Still some pooh in there, but not the same.
9. No fatigue. It's hard to explain but I feel lighter. Not in fat/weight sense but... my body feels less heavy and slinky. I feel airier (sp?) and more... light! I think having toxins in your body make you feel like you have metal in your blood.

What if I just licked a McDonald's french fry? Would that be so bad?! Even one off the ground - I'll do it! Just test me!

1 comment:

  1. When I worked in Mississauga I worked beside a grocery store that made baklava fresh daily. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I even froze it and it was just as good when thawed. I would tell rhe students and faculty to get their grubby hands off of the baklava and take it home and freeze it. Just my suggestion. I'm also thinking of driving to London just to get my hands on some yummy yummy goodness.

    ReplyDelete