Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Isagenix Day 2

I just re-read what I wrote yesterday (first day of my diet) and I still don't disagree with anything I said. Including my speel about healthy eating habits, etc.

With that said, the shakes are less intense... Jeremy was right - it gets better.

I've found a recipe for the shakes that make it easier to go down; which is: MORE WATER! It called for two scoops of this brown powder (which I think it's ground pooh) and 8 oz. of water. Bite me... I'm drinking more than a litre of water with this stuff, lol. More to drink, but... less gross!

I've conqured the problem!

...Now, onto the Isadelights and these chocolates. Still disgusting... I'm trying to decipher how important they are in my diet and if my diet wouldn't miss them if they weren't included. I'm really hoping they make no difference.

What I also take daily around 10:00AM is a Natural Accelerator. This I believe accelerates your metabolism and gives you energy (naturally). Honestly, I can't tell the difference considering the only thing I'm taking in right now is a small portion of fruit between shakes, water and shakes. Needless to say I'm peeing more than I'd like to and my hands are so dry from washing them all the time that I think Isagenix should be responsible/include a really nice hand moistuizer in the package.

Last night I took a Colon Cleanse pill. This I'd like to know what it does. It worries me though because on the back of the bottle it says "take with pleanty of water to prevent bowel obstruction or constipation". I don't think I ever imagined I'd say this but... I would much rather constipation! With that said, how much water do they want me to drink?! This colon stuff hasn't done anything for me yet... and I won't complain unless it does some sort of damage that will last me a lifetime. We'll play it by year. And yes, to all of those who are reading... I will keep all updated on my poop because this is part of the situation. I know you're all wondering anyway.

Last night I also made a yummy chicken dinner. For anyone who is wondering and looking for some hints for a less invasive diet, don't eat red meat. Baddddddd for you. Chicken, fish, turkey. And Pork is really hard on your digestive track. It takes forever for it to break down.

So my recipe (if I can remember correctly):

Two chicken breasts (organic)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (very good for you, a good fat to have in your body)
Yellow Pepper (organic)
Green Beans (organic)
Spanish Onion (organic)
Chicken broth soup (low in sodium - remember people, salt bloats you!)
Startch (They have yet to offer this in organic; however, flour is offered in organic which you can use also)
Salt and Pepper (or white pepper for more health benefits)

Put tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in pan on medium-high heat. Heat until bubbling. Add chicken to pan (will bubble, be careful, hot grease is... hot). Let sit on heat for a few seconds and then flip over. The top of the chicken now has some olive oil on it, so sprinkel salt and pepper on top of that. Allow to cook on each side until golden brown (and of course cooked inside), but it's nice to have crispy chicken.

Heat tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on pan (same time as chicken) until bubbling. Add half the onion. Cook for about 4 minutes until it's slightly tender. Add the rest of the veggies. Then add half a can of chicken broth mixed with about a tbsp of startch or flour (should turn cloudy). Once that get's heated, it thickens and creates a nice base :)

Sautee the veggies while the chicken cooks and BAM... you've got yourself a dinner!

I may have missed some steps since I"m doing this at work right now (the thought of chicken is making me drool right now). So if you want additional information or have questions, please just ask! It's a "Calorie-Wise dinner" under 400 cals per serving and very little fat.

So that's that. I slept like a baby last night and feel great today! I have lots of energy and feel more satisfied with my decision :)

I still want to beat anyone who's munching on a MacDonald's fry right now... but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment