Friday, February 5, 2010

When it rains... it pours

Today was one of those days you wish you just didn't show up to work.
I'm a hard worker and I get my job done well and on time; however, I'm also one of those people that rarely makes a mistake, but when I do... its baaaaaaaaad.
FML
Since I work in the School of Nursing department at the University of Western Ontario... I deal with professors and students all the time. Today we got two versions of a major exam that needed to be photo copied 55 times, each. The timeline... Monday morning at 8am.
So the story begins... I am delegated the task of photo copying version B 20 minutes before it's time to go home, thanks. So I go downstairs to the other office to use the photo copier as the other employee is using the one in our office to copy her share of the exam. Not only does the first machine get angry with me, it starts throwing out RANDOM sheets of the exam, but it's slow and clearly not functioning properly. As frustration starts to hit... I stop the machine, take the papers and go to the next photocopier down the hallway. Now... you'd think that this would do the trick... but no... the papers jam in the photocopier as it's plunging away at the 55 copies needed for Monday morning. With the frustration and anger towards technology and my small timeline... I try and pry the paper from the machine and burn myself (those things are damn hot).
As I run upstairs into our office to finish the job, my employee is just now finishing her 55 copies.... mixed up with all the papers... I throw out, what I thought to be, the messed up copies from the first misshap... boy... was that a mistake... I threw out the B version of the exam all together. Not only did I throw it out, but I threw it out into the paper shredder box which can only be opened by a key that we do not possess.
So... now I have to take the version A exam home, retype it and copy it first thing in the morning on Monday.
Now, if that's not enough... I'm told by my co-worker that as long as no one finds out... I won't lose my job.
I'll sleep just fine tonight...

That's my rant. Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. That is definately a VERY bad day!!! We have all shredded stuff that shouldn't be shredded to begin with. Don't they have another digital copy of the exam?? Someone had to have typed it in the first place right?
    Hope you have a good weekend, other than the re- typing!!

    ReplyDelete