Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Decisions... decisions

Who would have thought that buying a sofa and loveseat would be so darn hard!? I always thought that buying a house would be hard - but when we saw our cute little townhouse, we knew right away it was "the one". I always thought saying "yes" to a proposal would be a hard one because you have so many things to take into consideration... but it was one of the easiest yes's I've ever made. I always thought buying a car would be hard. Do you go for the red or the black? All the big decisions in life aren't always the hardest.

The two most frustrating, and what seems to be the most life altering choices I've had to make in my life, thus far is:

1. My wedding dress. I'm sorry... but when you watch Say Yes to the Dress, or all those other bullcrap shows that make it seem like this is the most emotional decision you've ever made are ru-tarded! It is not like that at all! I didn't cry! I refused to make a decision after only two dresses! It took me 72 dresses to find "the one" and I'm pretty sure that if my budget allowed more wiggle room - I'd still be looking.

No one saw me walk out of the dressing room with the white dress on and their jaws dropped to the floor, and the music started playing and people started crying and grabbing for the Kleenex box... blubbering about how beautiful this gown was on me. No! This doesn't happen! Turns out - the dress I ended up choosing I actually walked out the dressing room disgusted with it. I had Nanny hands because I didn't want to touch the dress because I thought it was horrible. Turns out, with a few alterations - it is perfect :)

Now, yes of course I want the Italian silk and lace gown that costs $27,000... but let's get real.

2. The second hardest choice I've ever had to make... a couch! A new couch at that!
So far, since Darrin and I moved in together, we've always had to buy second hand. I love kijiji.ca. It has saved me from lots of money and has helped me sell plenty too! So for a very long time, we had hammy-downs of sofa's, coffee tables, dining tables, end tables, chests, this and that. But finally, now that we're doing alright we are able to make the ultimate decision and go out and buy our own, new couch, chair and loveseat. I was all excited about this big purchase... until I spent three weekends, in a row, walking thru aisles of couches, dealing with sales people that will literally follow you thru the store, so everytime you turn around you see their head popping from corner to corner watching ever move. I felt like I was on the National Georgraphic channel and people were spying on us and watching us from afar with a voiceover saying "she's going for the black leather couch... no... she's changed her mind". Ugh. So annoying. Anyway - needless to say, we found a few couches that we like.... but this decision is harder than anything I've ever done before. I've lost sleep over this!

Our issues:
1. White leather would look amazing in our newly painted living room. But apparently white leather is a pain in the ass and I have enough of those to deal with.
2. Black leather (in my opinion) looks cheap.
3. Brown leather wouldn't go with our decor.
4. We can't get fabric because Billie like's barfing on our couch... it's routine. If he hasn't puked... we are concerned.

So... what do we do? Go for the beautiful white leather couch, and deal with the possibility of stains?
Do we go for a nice black leather couch and deal with the aging and the fact that it will darken our room even more?
Or... well brown isn't an option... so... black or white?

HELP!

That is all for today.

3 comments:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come see the pictures Teuvo blog and tell all your friends know why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag to rise higher in my blog flag collection. Merry February Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. What????

    I think you should go with black. You can't see any stains and if you ever want to have children the white sofa will be one if the biggest mistakes you've ever made.
    Even if the kids aren't allowed to touch something fingerprints and stains just have a way of magically appearing. Sometimes I swear Joshua is gonna be the next Houdini.

    ReplyDelete